We are looking at ways to add yummy recipes for our products on our site! So here’s our first blog/recipe post!
Some days you just want to curl up and enjoy a nice bowl of soup. It never hurts to have something hot and comforting. Especially something that’s been boiled and simmering for a few hours!
Beef short ribs make a hearty and delicious soup. The slow, magical simmer that draws out nutrients and flavours from the bones – it’s like making your own bone broth. Add generous portions of vegetables like radish, carrots or potatoes for extra flavour. This soup is a wonderful comfort food. Especially when you get a little bored of the finger-licking good ways of using beef ribs! We also liked the idea of adding some brisket to it for more texture.
Try this herb infused version of Beef Short Ribs soup. We love!
Prep time 25mins | Cooking time 3.5 hrs | Serve 4
1.5 – 2kgs of beef short ribs
0.5kg of beef brisket
4 carrots, chunks
1 med size radish, chunks
2 white onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
8 cups or estimated 2.5l of water/beef stock
1 tbsp of oil
1 bunch of mixed herbs
You can choose between thyme, tarragon, rosemary or sage. We prefer thyme and rosemary – these have robust flavours and relatively easy to find in the markets! Tie your herbs into a little herb bouquet so they don’t ‘disappear’ in the soup.
Salt and pepper for taste
- Add oil and brown the beef in the pot.
- Lower the heat, add garlic and onions. Cook till they are fragrant and coloured.
- Add the remaining vegetables. Add your herb bouquet.
- Top with water or beef stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for at least three hours.
- Remove herb bouquet and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with white rice or a beautiful loaf of bread!